Services - Cosmetic Dentistry
A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of a face. With dentistry's many advances, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped, or misshapen teeth. You now have choices that can help you smile with confidence.
Even the subtlest change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel about yourself. Talk to Dr. Bayat about the options most suitable for you, what your expectations are and the fees involved. Below are some options.
- Tooth whitening (bleaching) brightens teeth that are discolored or stained. Bleaching may be done completely in the dental office. Or, Dr. Bayat may dispense a system for you to use at home.
- Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them. With bonding, tooth-colored materials are applied or bonded to the tooth surface.
- Enamel shaping involves modifying teeth to improve their appearance by removing or contouring enamel. The process, which often is combined with bonding, usually is quick and comfortable and the results can be seen immediately.
- Veneers are thin, custom-made shells designed to cover the front side of teeth. Made of tooth-colored materials, veneers are used to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are chipped or worn, permanently stained, poorly shaped or slightly crooked.
- Braces are not just for kids. Orthodontics may be needed if teeth are crooked, crowded or do not meet properly. If Dr. Bayat thinks you should see a specialist for treatment, she will refer you to an orthodontist.
What is teeth whitening?
When performed by a professional, teeth whitening is a safe and highly effective procedure with sparkling results. It reduces the discoloring effects of age, coffee, tea, red wine and cigarettes. Many of today's professional teeth-whitening systems are used by celebrities to brighten their smiles and improve their appearance. Dr. Bayat's method of choice is "Zoom Whitening", a top-of-the-line product that produces dramatic results.
In preparation for the procedure, the gums are protected with a light cured material. Once the tissue is isolated, the bleaching gel is applied to your teeth and a light source is used to activate the bleaching.
Our in-office teeth whitening procedure takes just a little over an hour and a significant change in tooth color is usually seen immediately. Afterwards, you can use your custom-made bleaching trays to continue the process at home and for future touch-ups.
What is a composite filling?
Composite fillings are more than just an attractive alternative to silver fillings-they lead to more conservative fillings because less tooth structure is removed. An aesthetic alternative to traditional silver fillings, a composite filling is made of a tooth-colored quartz-like material. This material provides good durability and resistance to fracture because it is bonded to the tooth.
After the tooth decay is removed and cleaned, the tooth-colored material is layered into the tooth. Each layer is hardened or cured with highly intense visible light, and the final surface is shaped and polished to match the tooth.
The final restoration is virtually invisible. The filling blends in with your teeth, so the overall look is very natural. When a filling is recommended, you should make your appointment for as soon as you are able to come in so that further decay doesn't lead to a more complicated dental problem.
What is a veneer?
If your teeth are badly shaped, gapped, crooked, or have tetracycline staining that cannot be bleached away, you may need a complete reshaping of the teeth. Modern dentistry has a beautiful solution for this known as a "veneer". It's a highly advanced way to correct imperfect teeth and create a natural, beautiful smile.
The veneer is a thin shell of tooth-colored material that covers the front of each tooth. It is bonded directly to the front of the tooth, similar to the way acrylic fingernails work.
Each porcelain veneer is a work of art, carefully crafted in a laboratory to fit your individual smile. When a tooth is broken, it should be addressed as soon as possible. However, not every tooth is a candidate for a veneer. Sometimes a crown is a more appropriate solution. You can discuss your choices during your consultation appointment with Dr. Bayat